Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Am Thankful for.......









I am so thankful we have the oppurtunity to fast and pray. This past Sunday I was fasting for a couple of reasons, but mostly for the strength, wisdom and diligence to know what to say in a difficult situation I had to deal with in Primary and also another situation I had to deal with at the middle school where my son Jacob attends. I had to confront the principal about something very serious. I am thankful through prayer that I was able to contain myself through both situations and confrontations. I am thankful that the spirit was with me and I was able to say and do the right things and most importantly have peace through it all and especially afterwards having that peaceful feeling that I did the right thing. My testimony has certainly been strengthened because of it. Fasting is very hard for me, I DO NOT like to go without food or water. But, after I do it my testimony is certainly strengthened by leaps and bounds. It reminds of that scripture 'faith without works is dead'.

2 comments:

campbell said...

Awesome story Talena. Thanks for sharing it with us. Isn't just amazing sometimes to think of our lives and how much the gospel helps us. Get us through those terrible times.

meleah said...

Wow that sounds like a cool experience. I think you're awesome Talena that you would share that. I think you are such a strong person.
I love you!!