Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Book Club Report


This is a picture of their Hardy Boys book, I couldn't rotate it, and I am having computer stress, so I am leaving it like that! Enjoy the post!



There is nothing like, good food, good friends and discussing a good book. I met with some friends yesterday to discuss Kira-Kira, what a good book and we had a good discussion on it. Thanks Tara, you were a wonderful host! And it was such beautiful weather here that Aaron and I had so much fun walking to my friends house (where the book club was held). Next month we will be reading 'The Princess Bride'. I haven't read that one, so I am looking forward to that. And Friday I get to celebrate "Read Across America Day" with two of my children in their classrooms. In Abigail's kindregarten class we will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday as well. I am looking forward to Friday. Speaking of books my wonderful husband also loves books, one of the things I adore about him is that he reads to the boys every night before they go to bed. He reads from his Hardy Boys books he had when he was a child. They were published in 1967. They started with number one and they are now on number thirteen. There is just something magical about reading from old books, especially to children. I love that he makes that an important part of their lives. I just finished another good book titled, "The Gift" by Richard Paul Evans. At the beginning of each chapter is a quote, my favorite one is "Life can change on a dime though I wouldn't give a nickel for most changes I've experienced". Happy reading!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

You'll love Princess Bride, I read it not long ago. I love the book club that I go to as well, I look forward to it all month!