Friday, November 14, 2008

A Night Out!

Once a year we get to get a babysitter during the middle of the week, Thurs. evening and go to the hospital gala. The seventh day adventist worship from sudown Fri. to sundown on Sat., so the gala is on Thurs. night. (hubby is indirectly employed by Seventh Day Adventist Hosptial). Anyway, so I was so excited to dress up and leave my lovely children for an evening. Our babysitter (wonderful Beth, we love you!) took this first picture of us. I have a huge smile on my face and am leaning in on my husband, trying to get close with the back hug, AND he looks like he's getting ready to join the military! What is up with us? Oh, how dreadful! So, we get to the Gala and I realize my hubby is wearing his black suit with brown shoes, good thing it was dark and I don't think anyone noticed except me.

I have very sensitive eyes and I DONT do indoor pictures very well, my darling husband doesn't look too bad in this photo, at least we're both leaning in on each other, a little bit anyway. But, as for me about 99% of the time my eyes are closed with indoor shots. So, my husband says look above the camera.............


............welll, this is us "looking up". Yeah! we look like dorks! What are we doing? Gazing up into the heavens just thinking about our eternal relationship? Or is that we're just lost in the romantic monent? Or are we both so tired that we just want to go home and go to bed (I think we are getting too old)?

This is not the greatest picture in the world, but the entertainment for the evening was the "Fab Four" (Beatles imitation group), they were awesome!




And we came home with these lovely favors. Do we need another glass mug in this house?

Overall, a very nice evening out with JD, exciting entertainment and yummy food!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well at least you get out with your husband! The picture Beth took looks good. Just crop it a little and it will be great. I never take good pictures either!

campbell said...

Your post cracked me up. You and JD are so funny. What a great evening, really.

Kim said...

There is a reason why my facebook photo and my blog photo are the same and will never change....You guys look fabulous!