Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What day is it? Random senseless thoughts

What day is it? It is one month before Christmas. Where has the time gone? This morning I awoke to the numbers on the clock that read 7:11 am. I was in a panic, I did not know where I was. Usually I am awakened around 6 or 6:30 and contemplate the world unitl 7:00 am. The first question I asked my husband, was "What day is it?" He kindly replied, "Tuesday, Nov. 25th, 2008". I hurried out of bed so I could get my oldest son off to Jazz band practice.
I have the sweetest visiting teaching superviser, she called last night to get my visiting teaching report for the month. I said "For the month of November, already, you've got to be kidding." I had to think to myself that yes, it was the 24th of the month. Just another mental note to myself that this year has gone by WAY TO FAST!
Time has gone by way too fast, I don't know what time of year it is. I went into the portrait studio today (to order my children's beautiful pictures) and they have decorated their lobby with lovely fall decorations, a scarecrow, pumpkins and beautiful fall leaves. And then I go to the music store and they are all decked out for Christmas, tinsel strung from here to there and bows decorating the countertops. It's not Thanksgiving yet. People, don't confuse me! I don't need anymore confusion in my life. Keep your decorations for the right season. But, one thing I have done to confuse myself is listen to Christmas music, my husband gives me a hard time because I have so many Christmas CD's. This year my favorites are
MercyMe Christmas Sessions
Casting Crowns Peace on Earth
Check them out, you won't be disappointed
Well, that's enough random senseless thoughts for the day. And all of you who check my blog:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I actually have made them turn off the christmas music at work twice now. I just can't go there until AFTER Thanksgiving.