Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's really ok?

This past week.....

I have tried and tested the concept of balancing to see how many dishes I can pile in the sink.

I wanted to see how long my kids could wear the same clothes day after day because I just haven't got the laundry done.

I wondered if my three year old will develop kidney failure after devouring 15-20 kids chewable vitamins.

I wanted to see how many times I could leave the driveway in one day. Tuesday I think I broke my record. It was a horrendous day!

I have come to realize that it is really ok that we don't get our outdoor Christmas lights up, even though everyone else in the cul-de-sac has theirs up and got them up the day after Thanksgiving. And our neighbors for the last two years in a row have won the city decorating contest.

I really can function with 3-4 hours of sleep a night, (not recommended).

I have learned that it's really ok to say "no", sorry folks, I can't be all things to all people. (even though sometimes I think I can).

Through all the crazinees this week has brought upon me, I have also learned that.....

I am extremely grateful for wonderful, listening friends

I am grateful for small answers to prayers

That being in an upright position and breathing in and out is a wonderful blessing.

I am thankful for laughter and the people who make me laugh, (my sisters and my brother--thanks!)

And I am most thankful for a loving, gracious, kind Heavenly Father who loves me and the knowledge that I have, that I am a daughter of God.




1 comment:

Kim said...

You said NO? For real? Do you think it would work for me? I'm mean, I say it to my kids ALL the time, but I may have to try saying it to other people! But then again if I had don'e it sooner, I would have missed out on this amazing choir trip with these amazing kids. Maybe I will just have to wait and try when I get home. Life would be soooooo much easier.