Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Please pray for us!

Last week, Dec. 11th, to be exact my dear mother called me to tell me and my husband that she has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. It was devastating! I was a hysterical mess. On. Fri. the 12th I was still a mess and I made a last minute decision to go to the temple. There was peace, hope and answers to prayers. I felt reassured and hopeful and full of faith that my Mom would be ok.. And she is. So I made some arrangements with credit card in hand and the kids and I are flying to Utah tomorrow. My Mom will have surgery on Fri. the 19th at 3:00 PM. We will be returning on the 23rd so we can spend Christmas here. Please pray for us that the kids and I will have a safe and uneventful travel. And please pray for my Mom, Sherrie Johnson, that she will have peace, comfort, faith and a healthy and speedily recovery. Check out her blog at www.sherriejohnson.blogspot.com. Her posts are full of faith, optimism, and prayer and her main focus is on the Savior Jesus Christ.
Happy Holidays to all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to learn you are flying. Now you can focus on helping your family. I'll hold on to your things until you get back. Hugs and prayers being sent your way!
Jen

HethRandSeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HethRandSeth said...

Telena....my thoughts and prayers are will all of you!!...should you need anything back here on the home front, just give me a ring. I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. Take care! God Bless....Hugs, Heather

PS..I had a typo on my 1st comment!

Kelli said...

Talena,
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet mom! I hope everything goes well with her surgery. My prayers are with you and your family. Have a wonderful visit with her!

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry to hear that this is happening in your family right now... especially at a time like this but im glad you are able to make the trip to utah to go see your mother!! :) Your prayers are with me and i hope i can get to the temple to put her on the prayer roll... Merry Christmas...
About your last comment on my post we can do lunch sometime my schedule is hectic but i cant manage to find some time! :)
GOD BLESS