Thursday, April 3, 2008

"In like a Lion, out like a lamb"

Wow, it's been almost a month since I posted something, I love doing it and checking other's blogs. I feel like this morning I get to sit down for a few minutes and catch my breath. I have been SO busy. I have no idea where the month of March went, I blinked and it was over. The month of March reminds me of that saying "In like a Lion, out like a lamb". During the month of March we had the whole interior of the house painted, what a project! On the Fri. they were done painting, we took off for family vacation and drove to St. George where we vacationed for a few days, we met up with the Wickham's and Lori and Brenda, it was so fun to see ALL of you. We had a great time! On March 17th, JD and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary! Our vacation consisted of swimming at the hotel, relaxing in the hot tub, visiting Snow Canyon and touring Zion National Park. So we came home to boxes everywhere (from the painting project) and I am still trying to put the house back together. The house looks great, they did a great job!
I also had to get Jacob ready for outdoor ed, he is camping in the mountains this week with the other 6th graders. I was a nervous and stressed out Mom on Mon. trying to get him ready for the week. This is the first time one of my children have been away from me for an extended period of time. I'm sure he is having the time of his life and not missing us one bit.
This year already has been so exciting and so busy, lots of new changes for us, I can't believe what we have done already in 2008. We have gone on two family vacations, bought a new van, I ran in 10k, have had the interior of the house painted, gone to two productions with the family, 'Savior of the World' and 'Bugs bunny on Broadway', Anissa and her family have visited, Lori came to visit, I have taken a trip to Utah with Aaron, have been busy with the kids' extracurricular activities, baseball and swimming, Jacob and I got braces on our teeth. WOW, no wonder I am tired! And things don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.

1 comment:

meleah said...

Wow, Talena, I am getting tired just reading your post. :) I love reading your blog. I love knowing what you're up to.