Saturday, May 17, 2008

Coco has become one of us


I never knew in a million years how much I could love a dog, unitl we got Coco. He is the cutest, mild tempered little puppy. Last night we had some bad drama with coco. He got out of the backyard and the kids were chasing him trying to catch him and he was hit by a car. The kids came running to get us and he was breathing, but he wasn't moving his back legs. I carried him to the house and tried to get him to cool down. JD and the boys were getting ready to go on a campout. We have two vets in our ward and we couldn't get a hold of any of them. Jd and the boys left for their campout. I was still getting very worried about Coco, I could tell he was still in distress. I called the emergency animal hospital in Visalia, they said to bring him right in. I packed Abigail and Aaron in the van and headed for Visalia, about 30 mins from here. They took Coco right back and started fluids and gave him some morphine. We left him there for a little while and went to In and Out. We came back and had to say goodbye to him for the night, they had to keep him there overnight. It was so cute how Abigail and Aaron gave him kisses. His pelvis was broken, right where the femur meets the pelvic bone is where it is broken, he will be on bed rest for awhile. We got home about ten oclock last night. It was an eventful evening. Abigail offered the best prayer for Coco last night she said, "please bless coco that he will be protected by the Holy Ghost". It was so cute! It was amazing how much we have come to love Coco.

2 comments:

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

That is so sad! I hope he getter better fast.

meleah said...

Talena, I am so sorry to hear about Coco. That can be so sad!! I hope he's back to himself soon!