Monday, May 19, 2008

One of life lessons.....


This past weekend was a very difficult time for our family, we had to have coco put to sleep on Sat. afternoon. It was so sad. We had all come to love coco so much. He had too many internal injuries from his car accident on Fri.. Tyler and I were with coco when the dr. euthanized him. This experience has prompted a lot of dicussion in our family about death and dying and the resurrection. I even saw my husband get very emotional, which just for that reason I am thankful for this experience with my family. This experience has definitely brought us closer together and for that I am very thankful. We had a special famiy home evening last night with some friends who also lost their dog on the same day. I am thankful for the blessings of the atonement and for the knowledge that we will be able to see coco again.

2 comments:

KJQ said...

I am so sad for your family, but I am glad that it has brought you closer together. Good luck.

meleah said...

I am so sorry to hear about coco. I have never had an animal, but I was at the Ferguson's house when their cat died that they had had for somewhere around 12 years and it was really sad. It wasn't until then that I saw how much people can love their animals. I hope your kids are ok. Those things can be really hard as a child.