Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Jesus in a bottle"

I love to have random acts of daily living. I definitely had one yesterday. I was dozing in the lazy boy and there was a knock at the door. I opened the door and it was a young African American kid selling some cleaner. He proceded to try and sell me the cleaner, telling me all the wonderful things about it. It was organic and safe to have around my children, telling me how cost efficient it was, he sprayed some on my front window and demonstrated after wiping how it doesn't leave any fingerprints, he scrubbed the grout in my entryway and that even came clean! Then he brought out a black Sharpie marker, said the cleaner could even get off Sharpie stains, so I said ok if your cleaner can get off my Sharpie marker stain right here on the wall, I will buy some cleaner from you. So he sprayed down the wall and sure enough with a little scrubbing the sharpie marker stain came off, but as he scrubbed the stain off the paint was coming with it. So I told him, "oh, look the paint is coming off tooo". His response was "It's not Jesus in a bottle, it can't do everything". I started laughing so hard. What a comment! I did end up buying some cleaner from him. But, I have been thinking about his commnet over and over. And I am so thankful and so blessed to know that Jesus can do everything, and that he has done it for me. Know it is only up to me to put forth the effort to do everything I can and know how to do to repay Jesus Christ for what he has done for me.

3 comments:

campbell said...

What a great story! Don't you just love those those door to door sales people. I remember once one broke out in a song and I just started laughing so hard. :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

I love this story. You've got a great blog!

meleah said...

Talena, Love the Blog! That is a funny story. LOL!
I am excited to keep reading your posts!