Saturday, July 19, 2008

A good morning....

I was contacted by someone from my church and she asked me if I was interested in coming to the mall this morning and help some kids do some school shopping. I arrived at Mervyn's at 6am, where there were many chaperones and a long line of children waiting to be taken into the mall. Each adult chaperone was teamed up with a child. I was with a beautiful girl named Daniela. We were served breakfast by the 'Knights of Columbus' group and then we excitedly headed into the doors of Mervyn's, our limit was $100.00, which was provided by Mervyns. We hurridly went for the shoes, she found a cute pair of star covered converse shoes, and then it was off to find shirts, pants and a package of socks to get her set up for school. About an hour later we headed out and each child was given a back pack with school supplies in it. It was an awesome oppurtunity and I had so much fun shopping with Daniela.

No comments: