Tuesday, July 22, 2008

orthodontic elastics.....


Just the thought of this word brings me back to my high school days (because I did have braces in high school). "Orthodontic elastics" what an ugly word and an ugly concept. My oldest son and I got braces on our teeth in March, March 20th to be exact. I am amazed at how fast my teeth have moved already, I am excited about the outcome. So, back to elastics, I am scared to death of them, I am scared that they will break right in my mouth, they are a royal PAIN! I am supposed to only have them off when I eat or when I am brushing my teeth. Well, since I am eating ALL day long or am about to eat I am definitley not good about wearing them during the day, but I have been ever so faithful to wear them at night. The first day I had them I couldn't even get the elastic off of my back bracket I even ate my breakfast with it on my bracket, and was scared to death that I would swallow it, but I didn't. I do not know what these things are made of, but they are durable and stretchy and seem to be doing the job of bringing my top and bottom jaws together (clenching).

1 comment:

campbell said...

My gosh is this your third time in braces. You go girl!